Craft Brewery for Sale - MicroBreweryPopular Featured
Processing and Manufacturing / Posted 2 months ago / 137 views
Craft Brewery Business for Sale
We are looking to sell to someone with a passion for Craft Beer and the booming craft beer market. The reason for the sale before going into what is on offer is simple; after waiting 1 year for a micro-brewery liquor license to be approved other interests took preference and as such the time needed to grow the business has now been taken up by another venture. So it is extremely sad to let it go as we still have the love of craft beer however have unfortunately moved on.
So what are we selling exactly?
The brewery as a whole is for sale. Some of the main assets include (others like stock levels and small miscellaneous included but may not be listed) :
- 250 Litre Brauwmeister brewpot (2 batches can be done in 1 full day)
- 5 x 700L Food Grade CCV Polyethylene Fermentors on casters
- Large heat exchanger to chill when transferring wort to fermentors
- Cold room roughly 6m x 3.5m (holds at 3 to 4 degrees)
- Lindr 4 X coil chiller + 2 x 2 Tap Dispensors
- Lindr above counter 2 Coil Chiller (already stationed in a CT restaurant)
- Wooden Mobile Bar Setup for events and festivals, also used for tasting and perfect if you need another bar at your pub during an event – Integrated into the Lindr 4 Tap Chiller 4
- 30 x 30Liter Kegs
- High Volume Food grade Pump and food grade transfer lines
- Everything needed to get the beer into kegs and bottles
- 1000 litre cold water tank
- 1 x Pallet 440ml Bottles
The brewery is a functioning micro-brewery so is still supplying beer to restaurants in kegs and liquor outlets in bottles (it is however VERY limited with owners occupied in other business).
Probably the most important asset to the business is actually the MICRO-BREWERY LIQUOR LICENSE (only needs renewal at end of 2017)!! Presently the brewery does very small quantities to keep the small clientele stocked, however because we simply do not have the time to market and ACTIVELY sell, the business is stagnant and thus up for sale. A hand over period to learn the system is also on offer over a period of 3 brews.
The brewery is in a business park with over 100 units and is situated close to industrial area, so great potential exists to convert the license to a micro on and off consumption for locals to have a pint before knocking off to go home. The margins selling beer this way are extremely rewarding.
The price we are asking is R950 000 which for a fully operational brewery including the Liquor License. With no need to spend capital on equipment while signing a lengthy rental agreement and waiting around for your liquor license which might take years to arrive like ours did (the license itself is worth at least one third of the price as it is an EXTREMELY difficult and long process to get one now). The ability to brew and distribute your own beer almost immediately and the potential for high earnings without having to wait around for a Liquor License is a key factor. Business is VAT registered so price excludes VAT.
If interested on a visit to the brewery to discussion and show please contact me